2011-08-20

Daycare Update

There's been some major changes to my place. I think I lost my cherry and became a "real" businesman this week.

You see, ownership let go of our "director." I left for three days and came back to some hard truths and realities. Couldn't believe what I saw and heard. I wasted to time. It was like a mother bear protecting her cub. The integrity of the business had to be preserved.

Long story short, I installed my sister as my puppet regime.

What? Everyone has to be a puppet sometime? I was a sock puppet for 10 years!

Anyway, the few parents and staff we told were not just happy but ecstatic about making this a family run operation.

I was surprised by the reaction

Now the real fun begins. Transitioning and explaining to parents the change while still trying to sell spots which has been slow.

***

Word of advice: NEVER put your trust into anyone. EVER. It's a cliche but unless they lay down cash and take RISK along with you, NEVER give a piece of a business or offer partnerships based on a "you have the money, I have the knowledge" basis. EVER. Knowledge is availiable, it can be compensated, it's acquired, it's ethereal. But it won't pay the bills when creditors come banging down your door. It would be nice right if you can get someone to offer you such a deal so that if things don't go well you escape with your "knowledge" and your partner is stuck losing his house.

There may be exceptions to that rule but on average DON'T.

***

Advice Part 2: If you have libertarian leanings and are an innovative spirit, don't get into daycare. You'll lose your mind. If you're formulaic and sterile it might be good. We have to fight against that every day. We shall prevail!

Quebec particularly, is without doubt a fonctionnaire (civil servant) oriented society. It struggles with private enterprise and in some cases are downright hostile to it. Well, that seems to be the case across the continent these days; except for Alberta it looks like. Anyway, the system ties you down to so much red tape you spend literally hours making sure you "conform." And in the end, about 90% of it doesn't even add a single thing to providing optimum service.

Alas, it must be done to keep your permit. I'm sure Nikk over at SE loves these stories.

Here, we live vicariously through the state. Bottom line is if your for "profit" you're evil here. But, they sure want to tax the hell out of it to sustain the concept of the 'greater good.' They call it "balanced justice" I call it raping the productive. I never liked balanced funds in investing for how to truly determine what the center of balance really is? It's arbitrary like most things are.

I stand by the fact a business/finance course would be beneficial to all in school.

But that's me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.