2011-11-10

Consumerism: You're In Charge

Repeatedly I keep hearing people complain about the cost of going to a hockey game. Be it the ticket price, the cost beer and food, parking etc. Here's a thought.

It's just a thought.

But how about you excercise your're right as a consumer and not pay $12 for beer? I sure don't when I go. Or $200 for a ticket?

Until then, you're part of the problem so quit whining.

***

Speaking of consumer demand and price theory. John Mellencamp gave a concert last month here in Montreal. I couldn't attend simply because at this point in time, I just couldn't justify it economically. It was only the second time I missed him since 1986. The other time, in early 2002, I was just too plain lazy and cheap. The cost back then was $60. It was closer to $200 this time. We all know, if you're a music fan, where Mellencamp stands politically on various social issues so is it not interesting to note he would charge an amount the "working man" generally can't afford?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.