2011-12-26

ACL Injury Claims Another

ACL report.

Adrian Peterson is the latest athlete to tear his ACL.

As some of you know, I keep an eye out for this. One thing I know, it's very hard to get back to 100% after such a serious surgery. If you're a pocket QB like Brady, then you can resume your career as it was, but for a running back depending on all sorts of lateral movement it's a far different story.

They're hopeful he'll be back by Week 1 in 2012. Man, that's optimistic. It takes one year for the ACL to heal properly no matter the procedure or person. It doesn't discriminate. I don't know why cases of people getting back to play inside 10 months seems to be creeping up. I wouldn't do it. Andrei Markov came back after nine months. He reinjured his knee last year and hasn't been seen since.

And like the Vikings, the Canadiens inexplicably gave him a contract extension.

I know it's bad what I'm about to say but ACL tears are near-career ending.

The psychology behind suffering such an injury can't be under estimated.

***

If I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan (and I am), I'd be rather pissed about how the year went down. The Eagles won't be in the playoffs after much promise going into the season. Things like that happen but when you consider the Eagles are 4-1 within the division with a +/- differential superior to the Cowboys and Giants -  who will battle for the NFC east division - it's a hard one to swallow.

They just didn't get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.