2011-12-14

Putting The 'Kiss My Ass' In Kissinger

I couldn't think of a better title.

The other day a friend emailed me saying "Kissinger should hang for war crimes." And this person is nowhere near sympathetic to those who cling to 1960s style liberalism.

I've grown tired of the "lefty liberal" shtick about Henry Kissinger.

I have questions based on basic observations and facts:

-Why does, say, McNamara get a pass?
-Clinton in Kosovo?
-Truman for launching the Enola Gay and Korean War?
-What about "clandestine" atrocities?

Kissinger keeps good company. At least classical liberals hate each with equal balance.
What's with the contemporary fascination, if not obsession, with Kissinger/Nixon? Especially in the context of the Vietnam war? Shameless as they may have been, they didn't start or even escalate it. Kennedy and Johnson did respectively.

I find it ironic for (anti-war) people who have a ravaged hatred for the GOP since it was the Democrats, the America some chose to desert, who took the 'Nam gamble.

In fact, it is Team Blue who initiated (not that they're more "evil" or anything; just the timing I reckon) most of the wars in American history; including the bloodiest in the 20th century.

Since I'm on it, if Bush is hated for his invasions of two countries (of which one Obama is taking credit for despite calling it "dumb" in 2002: Iraq), why does Obama get to be "hero for a day" with Libya?

So Kissinger, as I've said off the top, is hardly alone.

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you about "liberal" hypocrisy, though that doesn't change the fact of Kissinger's evil and crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE need some nuances here, but, basically, you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuances? Dear, I wish we'd apply that AND logic to how we manage the economy!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.