2012-05-18

Latest Evil Company To Make The New York Times Best-Seller List

"AFTER seeing Anheuser-Busch’s devastating exploitation of American Indians, I’m done with its beer."      

Let me stop you here. I think the direction of this article is set in the opening line. It's so pathetically construed and thought out (remember this is The. New. York. Times. The biggest, baddest, most readest paper in the land), it makes me want to read my daughter's discarded Max and Ruby books instead of this sort of moralistic nonsense.

Without getting into details (why should I? The writer of the article doesn't do so), something tells me (aside from not getting all the facts - I read somewhere Nebraska has a 'three-tier' distribution law that prevent Brewers from selling directly to retailers) the town in question has deeper problems that likely go beyond and stretch before Anheuser-Busch. Just a hunch.

But let's go with the easy target and pin social ills on a company. Why not? It's the trend. Yes, AB "exploits" Indians. A+B = C. This is the simple calculation.

Gosh. If one day the NYT charges for this crap, who in their right mind would pay? I know I wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.