2012-06-15

Once Upon A Time 45s Were In

I introduced my seven year-old daughter to my vinyl record collection earlier tonight. I was rummaging through them and took advantage to teach her some, I guess, history.

It was a little late - 9ish - but I did what any daddy possessing a milligram of pride and decency and riled her up with music. She's got the beat. The other thing I realized, as I looked at the names like Bruce Springsteen, Madonna (how did that get there?), Morrissey, Freda Payne, Billy Joel, John Cougar, The Police, U2, etc., they were recording records when 45 singles were still being made! Crazy.

Anyway, The Go-Go's were an all-girl band from the 1980s that actually didn't leave you cringing.

It worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.