2012-07-23

Quoting Is Not An Argument

I know Pat Buchanan is not exactly a popular figure but this article about his book in TPM is bush league.

If you're going to assert he's crazy then it's not enough to pull quotes from his book and just post them without a rebuttal. "Oh, look it's that nut job paleo-con!"

I don't see what's crazy or racist about what he's claiming. It's racey I'll give you that. It certainly raises an eyebrow among the politcally correct and it may indeed be up for easy refuting, so why not do so?

2 comments:

  1. Let's face it, no "liberal" can refute Pat Buchanan, even though he's not always right (even though he is always right).

    So, they just make an assertion, call the person they hate (and believe me, they are constantly filled with hatred) "nuts" and leave it at that. On my Skeptical Eye Facebook page someone self-labeled as "very liberal" "unliked" me because they accused me of being a "racist right-winger". No facts or arguments to back up their claim, that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're idiots.

    A study was made showing liberals are more likely to "unfriend" and "remove links" with people they don't agree with more than conservatives. They don't have the tolerance they claim.

    They're so obsessed with race I'm wondering if they're racist.

    This article is a perfect example of liberals losing the arguing plot.

    And I agree, Buchanan is a beast when it comes to facts. His knowledge of American political history is vast and impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.