2012-08-29

Age Old Question: Are We Over Or Under Regulated?

Well, I don't know how to even begin empirically proving either way so I can only go with impression, observation and experience.

At which point, I fall in the "over regulated" camp. Most, if not all, businesses or industries are heavily or tightly regulated. There is no "pure capitalism." That's nonsense.

Go start a business and deal with all red tape then come see me.

Let's start there.

***

I appreciate and applaud CRA's efforts (Revenue Quebec is in desperate need of becoming more professional and courteous if you ask me) but I'm not so sure we're "partners" per se in as much as we're necessary joint entities in a society. The least we can do is be equally professional. Quite frankly, I'm a little tired of dealing with snarky bureaucrats.

He said they would like to see the CRA treat “business more as clients.”

“To treat them with a little more respect and courtesy, so its not quite an adversarial approach always that is being undertaken,” he said. “We would appreciate being able to work with them as partners rather than someone that’s seen as an endless source of revenue for them.”

And yes, I do perceive this.

.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.