2012-10-17

Debate Two: Oba-Meh

Well, at least Obama didn't look like he needed to be hooked up to a Human-Alive difibulator. The President looked more engaged and dare I say, even ready to rough up the Republican mo-fuh Romney.

Dude was counting points off his fingers for cripes sake.

Needless to say all the networks and supporters dying for a sterling Obama performance were going to score this 115-113 in favor of the President. In their eyes, this was as good as it gets and they were going to give the unanimous decision to to Obama. Binders, blunders and Big Birds is all they got to blast Romney back to wherever Mormons live.

Fuck the networks and supporters. You want real insight and I'm gonna give it to you.

What you saw was a guy who did what he shoulda done in the first place and merely put in an adequate performance. He went from abysmal to mediocre. He will get a chance to go over the top in the foreign policy debate on Monday. If he can't do it there, he's hopeless because Romney is rather weak on that front. I mean, what's with all this China bashing?

Anyway. Bottom line is he didn't defend his record and hardly shook the foundation as to why he should be re-elected.

Consider this response to a - I presume - a voter:

"QUESTION: Mr. President, I voted for you in 2008. What have you done or accomplished to earn my vote in 2012? I'm not that optimistic as I was in 2012. Most things I need for everyday living are very expensive.

OBAMA: Well, we've gone through a tough four years. There's no doubt about it. But four years ago, I told the American people and I told you I would cut taxes for middle class families. And I did. I told you I'd cut taxes for small businesses, and I have.

I said that I'd end the war in Iraq, and I did. I said we'd refocus attention on those who actually attacked us on 9/11, and we have gone after Al Qaeda's leadership like never before and Osama bin Laden is dead."

First off, little loose on the taxes bit like Rod Stewart on a chick in a Scottish soccer stadium.
Small business corporate taxes are the same.

I've seen a lot of incentives and tax credits and stuff but not tax cuts.

And even if middle-class taxes were cut, and I'm not sure how it plays with the Bush tax cuts, he wiped that out with Obamacare which SCOTUS, in its judgment on the AHCA, agreed was a "tax."

Mind you, Romney didn't exactly answer a woman in the audience who asked about his positions on various tax deductions; the mortgage deduction, the child tax credit and the education tax credit.

He said he would simplify the tax code and lower taxes for the middle class while limiting deductions and exemptions for the wealthy and permitting taxpayers to claim up to $25,000 in deductions. Romney also claims middle-class taxpayers won't pay taxes on dividends and capital gains. Good stuff but didn't answer the question.

More importantly, what the fuck does killing bin Laden got to do with the guys concerns about making ends meet? Does killing that idiot drop the price of corn that's leading to food inflation?

Other thoughts...

- As I wrote, much better for Obama but Romney still leads even though Obama seemed to have some support from the moderator.

-Weird moment in the debate about Benghazi. While it's true the administration was hesitant in its response and proceeded to go the "it was the video" route, they did play with words and Romney could have handled it better.

Everyone - I'm guessing of course - understands that the President didn't mean what he claims he meant to have said with "acts of terror." Acts of terror is not the same as "coordinated terrorist attack." It's actually outrageous really they would try and lie about this. But hey...he used the word terror.

That is not to say Obama won't bring the perpetrators to justice if he can. Of course he would.

-And how this chick Crowley is permitted to offer a rebuttal against Romney about this is beyond me. Most people would get fired for such a thing.

Transcript of what was said in the Rose Garden here.

Regardless, I don't think anyone can argue the administration as a whole mismanaged this one.

-Obama says oil drilling on Federal lands is up. Not true. At least according to the link. This one thinks it's more like half-wrong.

But apparently, Obama won on "points."

Please. That was no "decisive" victory. The numbers don't seem to be as giddy.

-Best line of the last month remains with Eleanore Clift when she said Obama is not comfortable with all the "politicking" in Washington. That's like saying a safety in football doesn't like tackling. If you don't like it, then why play the position, right?

- I was disappointed Obama didn't rush and tackle Romney Dr. Evil style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.