2012-10-19

Where Are All The Protest Songs?

Remember when all those singers and rock bands were inspired to writer "protest" songs during the Bush administration?  For example, Green Day's 'American Idiot.' Not so much now, eh?

I guess secret kill lists, drone strikes, non-Congressional attacks on Libya, crony capitalism, spending wastes, internet crackdowns, divsive class warfare rhetoric, high unemployment and mishandled events like Fast & Furious and Benghazi don't quite make the artistic protesters cut.

I guess it's true what they say. It's ok to be someone's fool so long as they talk your game. Or was it me that said that? I forget.

It's funny. Artists are said to seek the truth. Yet, often they seem nothing but naive sheep.

Which explains why so many of them fell in love with communism.

I reckon.

2 comments:

  1. The human mind is fascinating, isn't it? To hold contradictory thoughts and believing each to be true astounds me yet I see it everywhere. Perhaps I even do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of which, Springsteen was performing a benefit concert for Obama. Guess he's cool with Obama's impressive record. Probably concludes, like all the blamelesstards, the mess inherited was too great and has little to do with Obama's actual policies and ability to lead.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.