2012-12-16

The Healing Begins

I guess like many people, I watched the Inter-faith ceremony on CNN this evening.

It was quite powerful. The President too, I feel, delivered his strongest speech yet. It was as honest as it can come.

He's right. No one can accept what's been happening. The problem and question is, what can be done exactly?

I think he recognizes laws can't solve this but a national discussion must commence.

You know. For all the criticism religion gets, it's the one institution people rally around in times of need and sorrow.

Organized religion most certainly has a critical role to play in the lives of many and in communities across the continent.

It has been pushed off to the sidelines enough.
In any event, I wonder if this is a tipping point...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.