2013-02-08

Kakonomics And Doctors Aren't Infallible

I always observed what's been explained in Kakonomics. Just didn't know how to explain or rationalize it. You kinda get the "sense" you know what I mean?

And when you know Kakonomics is being displayed, it's annoying to hear the people engaged in it selling their stuff as "top quality."

***

Is it possible to over praise physicians?

I think it is. Too often we value their opinions on things they really know little of. Toxicology for example. Doctors can buy into junk science and quackery. Just look at Dr. Oz. Holy crap, the junk he pimps on TV...

My friend is a pharma rep who speaks to doctors on a daily basis. He always tries to convince me that doctors accept homeopathy sometimes as if it legitimizes the former. Same with chiropractors.




1 comment:

  1. I am old enough to remember "doctors" on TV ads recommending cigarette brands.

    I introduce myself to a new doctor as "I'm the patient from Hell." And then explain that any orders he issues will be treated as "strong suggestions" which I will follow as I see fit.

    On Kakonomics... Exchanges are all about something called "value" which is a subjective designation.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.