2013-02-21

The Natural Flow Of Cultural Tyranny

Quebec's language laws are rightly under increasing scrutiny. The province is losing its common sense when it comes to its badgering of small business.

The fact we even dispute words like 'pasta' and 'ristorante' (Italians restaurants have been targeted for using the Italian word) points to the lack of common decency we possess at the public servant level.

Which is contrary to what the law is about, namely to diminish English.  I didn't think Italian words were threatening too. It's astonishing what's becoming of this place.

I blame the politicians for it is they who create this antagonistic atmosphere.

Public servants in Quebec have waaaayyyyy too much power and influence on the affairs of small business. I can't tell you how many times I've heard them say to me or to other people "it's ok if you sell or move another person will take your place."

The social and fiscal costs associated with this instability (loss rent to property owners, loss of employees, mortgage payments disruptions, bankruptcy etc.) doesn't factor in their minds because that's who they are: Myopic, and unaccountable public servants who earn a salary through the taxes collected off businesses. I know, I talk to them everyday. Believe me they could use a damn course in business and economics not inspired by leftist drivel.

It's as if we live for them.

The general outrageous ignorance about entrepreneurship and its rightful and healthy place in a society is rampant in Quebec and certainly points towards a leftist mentality.

Small business is not in a position to prosper in Quebec. It's one of the worst places to start a business not only for the lack of support both institutional and cultural but for taxes and the OLF.

In the bigger picture, Quebec is going to lag in the 'knowledge based' economy. They keep this ridiculous and childish attitude up and people will close up their laptops and move. It's that simple now. I know of plenty of people who live in Quebec but register their businesses elsewhere. They cite the fact that if their language isn't good enough for the tyrants who tax them then they won't get their money.

It's civil disobedience at its finest and I wish I could do the same. I feel that way as well. I honestly feel I would be right to not pay my taxes for their discrimination.

Each time I hear politicians (including Obama) make empty proclamations that small business 'is the backbone' of our economy, I laugh my ass off.

It's a nice thing to say (because it's true) but practically they do squat to help it. If anything, they crush it because their policies often run contrary to our needs and values.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.