2013-03-31

Jim Carrey: You're Fair Game

Lemme get this straight. Jim Carrey can make a video slandering, generalizing and stereotyping (under the premise of humor) but he's not to be criticized for it?

Is this guy kidding me?

I saw the video. It was a comedian/actor offering a political commentary. It was vapid (to me anyway) but it's his opinion.

More importantly, it was definitely political and for that he's fair game.

You can't put things like this 'out there' and not expect to be challenged. That would be, well, cowardly.

Worse, I really don't see the point in bringing Heston into this. Aside from the fact he can't be around to defend himself, Heston, from what I read, was one of the first people in Hollywood to back the Civil Rights Movement among other issues.

It's unfortunate Carrey chose this route. Seems to me, with all that experience and talent he could have tried a tad harder.

I'm just disappointed in the effort. I thought about posting the video but after a couple of viewings, I just felt it was more insulting than humorous. Hey, just my opinion.

Last point, he claims to have decided against suing Fox for slander inserting a somewhat weak reason for doing so. Well, if I'm slandered, I go after the people or organizations.

Carrey thinks rolling his eyes and hurling an ad hominen or two is enough to protect his reputation.

Excuse me if I'm not buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.