2013-04-27

There Is No Bleepin' Code

Heard a radio ad earlier about some guy who, once poor and without hope, managed to make $4 million dollars after breaking the "stock market code" and that for a "small" fee he would tell you his secrets.

Right.

I think by now, if you're a rather level-headed sort, you figured out that there is no "secret" or "code" to unlocking anything. Raiders of the Lost Ark is just a very good movie and The Da Vinci Code just a very bad book and movie. No whammies, no whammies, STOP! Oh, double whammy!

It's funny how The Secret has run its course. A book I very much detest for having empowered people to bust my balls telling me how great it was and that I should read it for it would change my life.

The presumption being I wanted to change my life in the first place and if I didn't, then something was wrong with me for there so much more out there and this book was going to help be find it.

Berry boo-berry, just pierce my eyebrow, and serve me a pink drink already.

The only flakes I like are in my cereal thank you very much. T.C. and flakes don't go well together well - at all.

And speaking of over rated crap, my wife's friend insisted she read Fifty Shades of Gray
because it was going to change her sex life.

I can attest it did nothing of the sort. The book failed to move my wife. I basically married Spock. Not Dr. Spock. Star Trek Enterprise Spock. Intellectually, she's very hard to enlighten because, in my opinion, she already is.

All this to say, there are no secrets.

And there are no "stockbroking codes."

Never heard so stupid in my life.

"Look for patterns" is one of those meaningless statements we hear not only in investments but politics as well. Patterns to me are illusion simply because human nature has the last say and NOBODY knows how that will swing.

If, and that's a big mofuh if, someone did manage to decode something it's because they're a lucky bastard or bitch and it's not likely they can replicate for you what they did. Some people are just plain lucky.

Now fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.