2013-04-20

You're A Troll To Me

Now that everyone including journalists are using the term 'trolling' as loosely as they use 'racist' it's perhaps time to understand that not all trolls are, well, trolls.

Too often I see legitimate questions or opinions be dismissed as trolls which now means "I don't agree with you so I will tag you a troll."

It's easy to spot a troll. Unfortunately, and as usual, we choose to not exact discipline as to who we accuse of being one.

I mean, if that be the case, this blog (taken it to its logical end) is but one big warehouse of trolling ideas.

Meh.

I'm a grumpy blogger-troll. 

2 comments:

  1. A troll, in the context of the internet, doesn't mean the grumpy thing exacting tolls and whatnot under a bridge. It means the person in question trolls for arguments and such by making annoying statements, more like the term "trolling" in fishing.
    Now, don't you feel just a bit better? Or were you just trolling for compliments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know they try and hijack and sidetrack threads and sucker people into arguing.

    The troll under the bridge is the only troll I know. :<)

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.