2013-12-28

Concussions And ACL Injuries

I heard on the radio the other day that youth football inscriptions in the USA are down. A couple of things. One, I can't find an article corroborating this assertion and two, if the same is happening in Canada.

No doubt linked to the concussion issue.

Does this mean baseball has a chance at regaining its preeminence on the sports landscape? Or is this soccer's chance to explode? Are downward inscriptions even a trend yet?

About the murky world of concussions.

It's hard to know if it's an epidemic but know what is?

ACL injuries.

Just last week I played soccer (me and my two surgically repaired ACL's) and witnessed a friend fall to the ground grabbing his knee in  what looked to me to be an ACL injury. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.