2014-01-31

Mexicans Fight Back And Anti-Gun Irrationality

Earlier this month I posted about Mexican vigilante's fighting the Cartels. Here's another video by way of SE .



I noticed this comment in the thread:

"Murican Militias fight to keep Mexicans out.

Mexican Militias fight to protect their communities from Organized Crime.  "Gun Rights" fucknuts take note."
 
Just last night I had a conversation with a friend and the topic of guns came up. She was telling me how her husband used to hunt and all that but no longer has the time. All the better for her since she absolutely did not want a gun in the house. I asked why and the response was basically 'because.'
 
Now. This girl is super smart. I mean, she's no prog but on this issue she's probably isn't all that different from those on the left regarding guns. It is her opinion the democratic process is allegedly fighting for.
 
When I gently pressed her, to get a glimpse into the mind of topical irrational behavior, she added she didn't like that he killed animals and that there was no point to it. "You know you're acting irrationally, right?" I said. "I know! But it's the way I feel."

I feel.

The key word in progressive polity.

I feel, ergo there oughta be a law. And if that law don't affect me, who cares? As long as it fits my feelings.
 
"Does he (husband) fish" I asked further. "Yes." "How do you feel about dead fish, then?" "Don't start, T.C. You always talk sense! But I can't allow guns in the house!" "Fine. Just checking. As long as you understand your husband is a responsible adult capable of keeping a gun under lock and key. A gun doesn't discharge itself and tragedies are not a reason to be paranoid about them."
 
I then joked that when you go to the meat counter at the grocery store, someone had to kill all the red, pink and white meat, right?"
 
On every count she agreed. She knows it makes no sense but it just is.  I didn't get into all the nitty-gritty of gun laws and the logic (or lack thereof) behind them. We changed the subject. 
 
The comment above is indicative of the smug misunderstanding of gun rights. It seems today all you have to do is own a gun and you're considered a 'gun rights fucknuts."
 
Usually, it's people who wouldn't even know how to handle a piece (like the President) who make the most noise and they do it by mostly fudging facts (homicide rates falling, there are thousands upon thousands of gun legislation already in place, etc.) and screaming and howling like maniacs to the wind. People who use blanket terms like 'assault rifles' without even bothering to check and see what it means. I can tell they don't because I did my own research and learned a lot about guns and gun 'culture.' It's nothing like depicted on the news.

It's okay.
 
For the children.
 
And since it's for the children you will always be a racist and extremist for not taking their side.
 
It's all they have to fight this illusion.  
 
Had they presented to me facts I can sink my teeth in, I would support their side. But I just don't see it. 

The irony of course, is that the Mexican government disarmed peaceful citizens, they could not muster up a force to fight back against an evil element destroying their communities.

The government should NEVER know where the guns are. EVER.

Just like you save for a rainy day because 'you never know' this is a time-honored simple adage history has proven over and over and over and over...again.
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Damn, they removed the video. T.C., if it's ok I'll post some of your comments on my post as an update. Maybe they'll put the video back up, but until then, you'll have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Video is back up here: http://youtu.be/Wmeh1umVMO4

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.