2014-02-24

Delusional Financial Expert

Last week, a local radio show had a financial expert (I forget the exact title) on as a guest.

Thus concludes this post.

I joke. I jest.

While this in of itself isn't remarkable, his perspective on investing in Montreal was.

In a nutshell, to him, everything is hunky-sexy here and that, in fact, Montreal is the bestest place in the whole wide world to be.

I could but nod and shake my head. What planet is this guy on I wondered? Has he been paying any attention?

His comment runs smack in contradiction to what I've observed on the ground talking to current and potential business owners.

It is true, the grass isn't greener on the other side and that all places have problems as he mentioned. However, none have a structural issue of language and repressive sign and cultural laws like we do here. Here, I like to invoke the 'unseen' forces of such parochial and destructive policies.

It does not take a genius to figure out that the political climate - especially under the PQ - lowers confidence in business and has hurt this economy to a point, honestly, I don't think can be measured anymore. But I rather not rehash this obvious point.

Rather, I'd like to (albeit anecdotally) point out what I've been hearing 'on the streets.'

Simply, people (specifically, non-Francophones) are fed up and there seems to be a second exodus brewing. I have not met too many people who have not said "if I could" or an 'opportunity presents itself I'm outta here.'

All agree with my sentiment that there's nothing for us here.

This may have little value in terms of votes, but I believe, our group represents and good chunk of any economy.

The problem many of us face is we're tied into businesses or hard assets difficult to unload. We're anchored but increasingly angry over handing our money to a government that actively serves against our interest whether it be through higher taxes or the language we speak.

You're an absolute fool if you're an English-speaking Quebec of ethnic origin to stay in Quebec.

Far, far more opportunities lie elsewhere minus the headache of having to deal with the fucking Parti Quebecois and the yokels in their ranks.

As for the expert, I take the opposite stand.

Invest elsewhere. The key for for any investor is STABILITY. Stability entails the consideration of how fast and safely can I get my money back. Quebec drastically lags with this perception in my view.

I concluded this and handed my money to the state of Florida investing in a business there.

The PQ wants to fuck with me, Quebec doesn't get my money. Sad but it's the only power in my hands. The last thing I want to do is hand over more of my money to those jerk offs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.