2014-02-16

Note To Ron McLean: Keep It To Sports

Just heard a weird comment from Ron MacLean at the Sochi Olympics. In discussing the multiple possible playoff seedings for Finland and Team Canada, he ended it with (and I paraphrase) 'I believe Justin Trudeau replaces Stephen Harper' to a couple of chuckles from Hrudey and Friedman.

I had to PVR it just to make sure I didn't miss what I heard.

It may be innocuous on MacLean's part (then again, I'm sure plenty of people are buying the Trudeau kool-aid) but it was enough for me to wonder 'what the fuck was that?'

At the risk of reading too much into a simple comment, I must at least make a point.

See, the line goes the CBC is supposed to unite Canadians from coast to coast. With comments like that, you get a possible glimpse of where its employees lie on the political spectrum and that's not cool with me.

I listen to Ron MacLean for hockey. Not political quips.

I don't want to hear a fucking hint of politics from a public broadcaster let alone it coming from sports commentators.

I'm gonna go easy on them.

This time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.