2014-02-27

You Lie!

"And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely." President Obama. 

All the President of the United States seems to do is lie. He needs to in order to pass his personal agenda.

The latest phrase uttered by him sure to rank alongside 'you can keep your plan if you like it' is the 'era of austerity is over.'

At this point, save for the brain dead, how can anyone in the entire United States lend any credibility into what he says? 47 million Americans are on food stamp under Obama for crying out loud up from 31 million!

There was no austerity. Not in Canada, not in Europe and not in the United States.

Know how I know?

Spending either flattened or increased. It didn't go down.

Government spending continues to rise and so does household spending.

In fact, credit report agencies in Canada are predicting the consumer debt will increase in the next year from roughly $27 200 per household to over $28 000.

Stop being a fool.

***

Quick word on Obamacare and jobs.

Look, just use the T.C. Acid Test. It stipulates, simplistically, if the the cost of employing someone increases, a business will naturally seek to cut expenses to maintain margins.

Only a rube would think that because the government says you must do this at a higher cost for the common good, ergo the business will eat the cost because they 'have the money.' In the end, you - WE - pay as that business, where possible - will look to pass on the costs to consumers.

It's really not rocket science.

Shoot, I do it myself. If an employee requests a perk, I must seek ways to PAY FOR IT. Either I pass it on through higher prices, I defer purchases, I scale back hours. Whatever. I'm careful to explain this to workers (some refuse to understand so I let them walk). The smart ones make their choices.

For example, I have educators who want to be paid to 'government scale' which does necessarily correlate to my cost structure. I'm actually responsible with my money; the government not so much. This poses a problem for me in terms of revenues to salaries cost ratios. I'm currently about 5% above where I need and want to be. I tolerate it because I'm still growing and haven't maximized my revenue potential yet - at least I hope there's room to grow. Add the debt load that has enough of an impact and you get a tight budget. So when they come to me they would like to have a health plan, I explain that it's one or the other. Do you want to focus on your wage or do you want health? Health plans are expensive and I prefer to only offer it to loyal employees who have earned it. I have three such employees but two have chosen to get their raises. They made their choices. I can't do both.

Until the government compels me to do so and believe me, if they could, they would but that would be suicide on their part. Businesses are the most rational and objective entities around, if they offer it it's because they can; if they don't, they can't.

I haven't given myself health either in case your wondering. I'm looking into it for this year. But I also don't pay myself a big salary. It's amazing when I tell my employees I pay myself the average of the daycare how they thought I was 'getting big bucks.' Nope. I put the money back in the business.

No one can ever excuse me of being irresponsible or greedy.

That's why every single progressive or Pequiste who say stupid things like that can go fuck themselves.The vast majority of small business owners are their own moral agents and do what's right for their businesses. Sometimes decisions go against employees, sometimes not. But that's not for some hipster-doofus asshole with a social agenda axe to grind to judge.

I digress.
 
You want green policies to save the polar bears? Fuck you, pay.

You want subsidized health insurance? Fuck you, pay.

Here in Quebec, you want subsidized anything? Fuck. You. Pay.

That's all it amounts to. 

Now, I understand there are people who will say 'I'll gladly pay more in taxes for 'x' program' but they be irrational. For, I believe, many of these social issues we want "fixed" can be done at the personal and community level. You don't need a giant bureaucracy to run everything.

***

Last night, our motorcycle instructor was telling us about how corporations have stepped up to provide funding for his robotics program at the school he works at.

That's good.

However, I'd be careful about concluding it's all corporate generosity since the companies he mentioned - Bombardier and Pratt and Whitney - accept a lot of government subsidies. Who knows how much of the money ends up being taxpayer dollars in the first place?

***

Ok. Let's end this disjointed rant.

1 comment:

  1. "All the President of the United States seems to do is lie."

    Isn't that a big part of his job? I also want to ask... "Is it still lying if he believes what he says?" That's the scariest thing about this particular president... he believes in what he is doing and damn the unintended consequences.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.