2014-03-21

Divisiveness Is Not A Winning Strategy

Neither is nationalism in the long-run.

Both tend to stall and erode civil liberties. That much we know as history has made crystal clear.

The Parti Quebecois and Quebec Solidaire - once you cut past all the passionate social populist talk and rhetoric - are, once you scratch them to the end like a cheap lotto ticket, are divisive nationalist parties. That's what nationalism is. It must be predicated on suppressing one group over another.  Claiming they can be 'inclusive' is nonsense. Inclusive to the extent you toe the 'party line.'

Nationalists throughout history, in short, have been the part of the population we tend to call assholes.

Yesterday I briefly posted that I wasn't watching the debate. I tuned in for a few minutes but wasn't inspired to watch. The NCAA tournament beckoned. So far, so good my bracket hasn't been smashed yet. Thanks for asking. Though I am extremely annoyed with myself in not sticking to my original choices of Davidson and ND State in two of my pools. In reading about Davidson, it's a school that was burning to get at Ohio St., I realized that's an intangible trait to not go against. Yet I did. As for ND State, they had one stat that really caught my eye in that they're the best shooting team in the entire country. Normally, I say go with the best shooting team because in short tournaments shooting is key. Again, just couldn't go against the 5 seed in Oklahoma; especially considering I already had Harvard.

Meh.

I digress.

Where was I?

Right. Psychopaths. Nationalists.

Blah, blah, oh.

I was rewarded in not watching because at one point, I heard, a CJAD reporter had the nerve to ask a question in English. QS leader, Peppermint Patty (aka Francoise David) not only refused to answer, she wanted to be spoken in French.

Now think about this for a second. It's all about mindset. This chick wants an independent Quebec. Her and that other commie flunkie (whatshisname, Khadir is it?) believe in that project. Well, imagine the society of politesse and class they would build with that kind of mentality!

Thankfully, the majority of Quebec doesn't agree with that. I don't think I need (hopefully anyway) it needs to be pointed out that Quebecers have the grace (and privilege) to answer questions in English.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.