2014-05-26

Keep &$%^#@** Right!!!

This is a rant. So 'trigger warning' for you sensitive hams. Foul language follows.

Although not sure how this doesn't veer too much off from most of my posts.

Bah.

I've been jogging and cycling seriously for, what, 27 years?

Never mind about team sports.

So I know what I'm fucking talking about. And when I go off on being upset about people not understanding the basic etiquette on the road it's got weight.

It's absolutely ridiculous how many people don't grasp the basic concept and politesse of 'keeping right' on a bike path. These past couple of days I musta counted at least 15 people hogging the path without a care or clue. At one point, one lady stopped in the middle of the path to attend to her baby in a carriage! Inconsiderate action on her part considering there's a bleeping sidewalk to which she could have easily shifted over to.

Instead she forces the rest of us runners or cyclists off the path onto the street and into harm's way.

At least she kept right.

At one point I had to make a 'switch sides' signal to a fellow runner who was on the wrong side.

All this suggests to me 'johnny come lately' don't understand there are common rules of the road.

It's good people take to activities like running but it shows they have no background in sports or athletics when they pull crap like that.

I have no patience for it because it can lead to injuries and accidents.

And no, I don't advocate for a fucking law. People have to figure this shit out for themselves as FREE individuals. Leave the tyranny garbage to leftists.

While I'm on the subject of know-nothings, it's getting a little tiresome to have to listen to pearl clutching buffoons interfere into sports. I don't expect these folks to understand 'unwritten codes' and internal policing that exists in sports but whenever they open their nanny mouths they only show they never picked up a hockey stick or tackled someone in their lives.

It's annoying to watch our sports and the competitive nature of athletics slowly whither away because of the hype around certain injuries (eg concussions). As usual, rules and laws come into place without much proper contextualization and in the end the sports suffers.

I wish there was a way to tell these people to fuck off and go take their helicopter bull shit elsewhere.

For the children my ass.

Fin rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.