2014-06-14

The Evil Side Of Soccer

Gruesome murder of a referee.

And no, it's not because they're passionate nor does it happen - ever - in North America in the main four sports outside soccer.

The other day I was watching a soccer program on GolTV. The panel assembled were talking World Cup and eventually came around to talking about Luis Suarez and his penchant, for a lack of a better word, for cheating. The host asked on of the panelist - a professional soccer player in the MLS - whether he would go as far as Suarez who is considered a national hero in his native Uruguay. The player said he would do what it takes to win because he's 'passionate.'

I have no clue what passion and cheating have to do with each other and I've always hated people who cheat claim they're passionate. 'Hey, I boinked her because I'm passionate! Ta-daa!' Try that with the missus.

Get back to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.