2015-02-07

Daily And Weekly Round Up


Seattle's finest.

Notice the carelessness of the policewoman - likely over estimating her power - as she outrageously pepper sprays civilians who were nowhere near threatening.

***

Speaking of women.

This gender thing is getting a tad ridiculous.

You can't criticize someone without being attacked for being a racist or misogynist by idiots.

Chris Paul called the ref out not because she's a woman but because she's whistle happy. His comments were nowhere near sexist.

Athletes do this all the time.

***

I read in Politico the creators 'made Frank Underwood a Democrat' so people could like him.

Aside from its obvious liberal leanings - the show uses mostly liberal personalities in their news segments - here's the thing. How can anyone like immoral, murderous, pond scum like Frank and his annoyingly deceptive wife regardless of party?

If anything,  they remind me of a couple from Ancient Rome in its decadent years more than anything.

The irony is they want power not for noble intentions. They want it for its own sake. Which brings to question how they can do what's 'right' for the people.

The answer is they can't. They are loyal to no one. Possibly not even themselves.

I can barely get through an episode without being tempted to punch the screen. 

I'm hoping he gets raped with a rusty stake, tortured, and watches his wife be dunk in battery acid.

Or the prostitute and journalists take him down.

*** 

Like I said, it won't end well in Greece.

A mixture of stubbornness and pride usually assures 'not what we intended'!

***

I don't know what's more troubling. That The Guardian published this or that someone actually ponders this things.

"If you’ve ever wondered how men achieved their cultural dominance in the world, I’m pretty sure I know what happened. Long ago, the gods disproportionately granted to men positions of power in politics, business, science and the arts – power they still exercise to this day. But there was a cost: they would have their dignity affronted routinely and be expected to conduct one of their most delicately personal acts in public. Yes, that’s right: we were lumbered with the urinal.

The thing is, I’d happily trade in my male privilege for a world without them. I’m 35 years old and have never knowingly used one. Now I find such matters phenomenally difficult to discuss, and struggle to utter even the gentlest euphemism concerning the expulsion of bodily waste. But all it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to say nothing – and as urinals are evil in porcelain, I feel a duty to let it all out...."

For the love of God.

File under 'Fall of the West Reason 4995959696667234"

From comments:

"Oh... the Guardian becoming a caricature of itself. Why even do that? To be lambasted by right-wingers who - for once - will be justified in their anger toward PC and intellectualism?"

For once? 'Right-wingers' - which I guess includes me. I mean, after all, I take such 'controversial' stances (meaning, I disagree with the left on mostly everything) - are actually on the right side of this issue. It's more than one episode of this insidious, Gregory my pal. Just got to Vox, Democratic Underground, Jezebel and Gawker. They'll give this article a run for their money.

Or you can check out this retarded screed from The New Republic. 

Libertarians have a horrifying track record of parenting?

They deliberately misrepresent Rand Paul's position on vaccination. Or maybe they're too aloof to pay closer attention.

There's a difference between pro-vaccine and pro-mandatory vaccine. Paul said (as far as I can tell) that "most" vaccines should be voluntary. However, seems open to the idea of a mandatory smallpox vaccine or some other potentially fatal disease. How this leads to a wider pointless attack on libertarians is beyond me to grasp.

Can you be anymore idiotic than Breunig?

Maybe not. She's a whopper. A commie at that. It's like they have no ability to consider things in the abstract in any form. Consider when she argued Catholics should be Marxists.

Like all godless, intellectually deficient left-wingers, she holds a superficial and tenuous view on Christianity. She's rather grandiose in her banal ideas.

"Now we come to how the state should respond to these circumstances. It seems pretty clear. If the state is here to recognize and protect property rights, then the state must recognize that the excess of the wealthy quite literally is the property of the poor, and act accordingly. Just as the state would work to retrieve a stolen article, it must retrieve the hoarded wealth being stolen from the poor, and deliver it to them. If it’s not obligated to do this, it’s not obligated to protect property rights whatsoever: after all, why yours, and not theirs?"  

Like I said. She's an idiot who must never know where the guns are.

Man oh man. Whatever happened to that publication?

***

Was flipping through channels last night and had to answer the phone. When I resumed, I left it on 'Vice'. The founder of the magazine 'Vice' (I'm presuming that's who it was) explained the U.S. government was in trouble and the screen panned to House Speaker John Boehner.

Sly there buddy. Very coy.

Not Obama or Reid or anyone else. Nope. They inferred it was Boehner and the GOP to blame. I changed the channel.

And they claim to be 'balanced'. No they're not. They're as blind and one-sided as they come.

Asinine.

***

In true hyperbolic fashion, New York is the first to panic and make an 'ineffective flu vaccine' mandatory.

Won't be long before this disease - I do not apologize for the pun - spread to most jurisdictions.

***

The forgotten depression of 1920.

Coolidge and Harding were (probably) right to just let things run its course.

Makes more sense to me than FDR or what they're doing Greece.

***

Some people are simply not fit to be teachers.

Taping a kid to a chair is abuse is it not?

They just don't seem to understand the impact they have on students.

When I was in the 3rd grade, the substitute teacher forced me to drink spoiled milk. I didn't like milk to begin with and when I objected to the smell, she instructed me to drink up.

Right to this day, I not only loathe milk, but the smell from that day has stayed with me.

In another incident, this time in the 2nd grade, I stayed in at recess because of a terrible ear ache. With my head down on the desk trying to manage the pain, one of the teachers came in and asked my teachers, 'what's his problem?' in such a mean manner that too has remained in my mind.

***

A quote I found (lost the link):

"Hunter told the Examiner that no one in the king's meeting on Tuesday with members of the House Armed Services Committee made any mention of President Obama, who is seen by some anti-ISIS coalition partners as a weak and indecisive actor."

Foreign policy reset success!

***

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

- C.S. Lewis

***

Was perusing through Marvin Perry's 'Western Civilization' the other day. A behemoth 894 page history book purchased in University.

It's funny.

In three years of history courses, not one mention of Hayek or any other 'libertarian' thinkers of the 20th century. I find it interesting that I had to discover Hayek, Rothbard and Friendman (never mind Spooner) as well as the Austrian school under von Mises on my own after I graduated. Equally perplexing was Bastiat and Galiani.

***

Psst.

Wanna buy an Italian Castle?

If I had the cash lying around I'd bite.

***

Speaking of Italian or something.

Vermonter backlash against Latin.

***

Alright. That's it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.